Saturday 9 August 2014

Grunge rock birthday card

My son asked me to make a card for his friend who is turning 17 tomorrow.  I asked what his friend was interested in and the answer was rock and heavy metal music.  Hmm.. when I think of heavy metal music I think of leather, grunge/distress and dark colours and so I set out to make a card which incorporated these three elements.

Here's the end result:

I hadn't used my retired Stampin' Up! grunge rock stamp set in a while and thought it was perfect for this situation.  I kept to a Basic Black, Basic Gray and Smoky Slate colour scheme.  For texture, I added a layer of Basic Gray cardstock which had been embossed using the Chevron embossing folder and distressed with my Memento black inkpad. I then added a strip of leather, the Starburst Sayings stamp set 'Celebrate' sentiment die cut using the matching Starburst framelits in the Big Shot and the card was done.  A simple card, but just right for a teenage boy.  I also decorated the inside of the card too using the Grunge Rock stamp set.

 
Don't forget to that during August, Stampin' Up! has a fantastic deal on the Big Shot machine where you get a free bundled stamp set and matching framelits set too.  To see the options and take advantage of this deal click on this link to my online store.  http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=1153&dbwsdemoid=4011749

I've listed all the Stampin' Up! products used on this card below.  To view or purchase any of these products, please click on the product picture.  If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment or contact me privately - happy to assist anytime.  How to use your Big Shot and other papercrafting classes are available.
 
Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment