Sunday 6 August 2017

Deck the halls

Too early for Christmas cards?  No, it's never too early to start making your cards so there isn't a last minute rush.  The Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue starts on 1 September and to help us get started on our cards early, they've released the gorgeous Carols of Christmas stamp set and co-ordinating Card Front Builder Thinlits dies now instead of waiting until 1 September


Carols of Christmas Stampin' Up! bundle available from Angela Lovel, AngelasPaperArts

Here's one of the cards I've made using this bundle.

Deck of Halls card features Stampin' Up! Carols of Christmas bundle made by Angela Lovel, AngelasPaperArts

To make the Deck the Halls card I started with a Cherry Cobbler card base.  I then used the Bundle of Love Specialty Designer Series Paper which I diecut using the decorative edge die from the Card Front Builder Thinlits set.  I used the die twice to diecut the top and bottom of the card to get that beautiful decorative edge with the card base colour peeking through.  This decorative edge die is versatile and can be used on any occasion card including birthdays, weddings etc.

To create the centre focal sentiment I stamped the Deck the Halls sentiment onto Very Vanilla card stock.  It was diecut using the Stitched Shapes square die and layered onto Gold Foil and Cherry Cobbler card stock which had both been diecut using Layering Squares framelit dies.  A Gold Natural Trim bow was then added to the sentiment.  To complete the card, I adhered the small floral cluster which had been stamped using the poinsettia and leaves from the Carols of Christmas stamp set and diecut with co-ordinating dies from the Card Front Builder Thinlits set.

If you live in Australia, don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and would like the Holiday Catalogue which starts on 1 September, please contact me as I'd be happy to send you a copy.

Workshops and papercrafting classes are available - please contact me for details.  If you enjoy papercrafting and the Stampin' Up! products you may want to consider joining my team.  Click on the Join My Team link at the top of this page for more information or feel free to contact me to discuss the joining benefits if you live in Australia.

You may also be interested the moon baby card from a couple of weeks ago which featured the moon/stars thinlits die from this bundle.

Thanks for visiting

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment