Thursday 1 October 2015

Cottage Greetings Kit With a ChristmasTwist

Recently, I featured one of my favourite Stampin' Up! card kits, the Cottage Greetings card kit. I love the three card bases in this kit and wanted to show you how you can extend the uses for this kit. 

I thought I would cut one of the card bases in half, giving me two gold mats to use on other cards to mix things up a bit.  The card on the left is one of the standard designs from the Cottage Greetings kit. I chose the gold with diagonal white and silver stripes card base and created the Christmas card on the right featuring the Stampin' Up! Dove of Peace stamp.


Here's a close up of my Cottage Greetings Dove of Peace Christmas card.

I stamped the Dove of Peace in Delightful Dijon and added some highlights in Basic Gray.  I mounted the dove onto some Basic Black and Delightful Dijon card stock with some silver 1/8" ribbon running through the layers. It was then added to the Cottage Greetings card mat and mounted onto thick Whisper White card base. The Peace on Earth sentiment from the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set was stamped in Smoky Slate and punched out using the Word Window punch.  

So when buying a card kit, feel free to use it however you want as you're not limited to the designs provided with the kit.

All products used on this card have been listed below.  Click on the picture and it will take you to my online store where the product can be purchased.  Papercrafting classes are available.

Thanks for visiting.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment