Thursday 28 January 2016

Celebrating 18

It was my son's 18th birthday not long ago and I made his birthday cake, cupcakes for guests and decorations for his party. The colour scheme was Silver, White and Bermuda Bay. You could adapt these items to any event by simply changing the colour scheme.

 
 
Rather than making the cake centrepiece out of fondant (which I usually do), I made his cake topper using Stampin' Up! products (except for the 'Celebrate' diecut and white florist wire).  I used the retired Simply Stars stamp set and co-ordinating star punches, along with some smaller punched stars out of Stampin' Up! silver foil and silver glimmer paper.  You could substitute the retired star punches and stamp set with the current catalogue star framelits and co-ordinating stamp set. The clear cellophane cake bags had a topper made using Stampin' Up! circle and star punches along with the thank you sentiment from the Tin of Cards stamp set.

The treat boxes were made using Stampin' Up!'s Fry Box die and co-ordinating All About Sugar stamp set. 


The key products used on these items have been listed below - just click on the picture and it will take you to my online store where the product can be purchased.  Papercrafting classes are available.

Thanks for visiting.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment