Thursday 29 September 2016

Floral Boutique pop out panel card

I was challenged to make a pop out panel card and as I love a navy and white colour scheme, I decided to use the Stampin' Up Floral Boutique suite to create the card.

Here's what the card looks like closed.  It has the white belly band around the card to keep it closed for posting to the recipient.


Here's the inside the card.  The surprise is how it twists and folds out from inside the card.

To make this card, I used the instructions found on Collette Mitrega's youtube video.   I used the standard A5 card base for the outside of the card and then followed Collette's instructions to create the pop & twist mechanism and panels for inside the card.  There are other ways to create this type of special fold card, but I found this one the easiest to do.

To create the card, I cut Stampin' Up! A4 Whisper White thick card stock to form the card base. I also cut the pop & twist mechanism and panels from thick Whisper White too.  I decorated the front of the card with Night of Navy cardstock which had been diecut using the Detailed Floral Thinlits die.  I created the belly band for around the outside of the card using Whisper White cardstock, 5/8" white Organza ribbon and decorated it with Silver Glimmer paper flowers diecut from the Bloomin' Hearts thinlits.  I added the little For You tag diecut from the Curvy Keepsake box thinlits tag and stamped it in Night of Navy ink using the 'For You' sentiment from the hostess Gift of Love stamp set and finished it off with a Basic Rhinestone Jewel.

The inside of the card was decorated using the Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper (DSP) which will be part of the October 2016 DSP sale - buy 3 packets of standard DSP and you will get 1 for free.  I decorated the pop up panels with Night of Navy ink and the Floral Phrases, Designer Tin of Cards and Strength & Prayers stamp sets.  I added a label from the Lots of Labels framelits set at the bottom of the card to write a message to the recipient and decorated it using the Here's to Cheers stamp set and Night of Navy ink.  Some Rhinestone Basic Jewels in each corner of the card completed the card.

If you're interested in the October DSP sale, here's the list of Stampin' Up! DSP which will be eligible for the buy 3, get 1 free offer commencing 1 October, 2016.  Why not share with a friend if you don't want all 4 packets of DSP.

The products used on this card have been listed below - just click on the picture and it will take you to my online store where the product can be purchased.  Papercrafting classes to learn how to make this card and other projects are also available - please contact me for details.

Thanks for visiting.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment