Friday 8 May 2015

Birthday wishes

The 2014-15 Stampin' Up! catalogue ends on 2 June 2015 and many of the products in this catalogue are retiring and on sale until then or while stock lasts.  But don't despair - the new 2015-16 catalogue starts 2 June too!

I made these cards to highlight two of the products retiring soon, the Finishing Touches Edgelits die and the Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack as the patterns for the Stacks are changing from 2 June.  In keeping with the 'retired' theme, I used an old favourite stamp set called 'Eastern Influences', but there are many other current sets which you can substitute for this style of card.


To create the card I stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock to create the focal point which had been sponged around the edge with Blushing Bride ink.  I then mounted it onto some Early Espresso cardstock on which I had used the Finishing Touches edgelit die to make a decorative edge.  I used foam dimensionals to layer this onto the card base with the Blushing Bride polka dot paper from the Designer Series Paper Stack.  The cards have two slightly different finishes for added interest.

If you'd like to learn how to make this and other types of paper based projects, please contact me as workshops and papercrafting classes are available.  The key products (or potential substitutes) used on this card have been listed below - just click on the picture and it will take you to my online store where the product can be purchased. 

Thanks for visiting

No comments:

Post a Comment