Sunday 11 May 2014

Happy Mother's Day 2014

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums - I hope you've had a wonderful day.

One of my mother's favourite flowers is the rose.  I made this card for her for Mother's Day using a brayering technique on whisper white cardstock which had been embossed with the (unfortunately retired) Manhattan Flower textured impressions folder. 

Instead of colouring the embossed side of the cardstock, I brayered the debossed side which left the debossed lines white.  I also used the decorative label punch to make a smaller label to highlight the mother's day sentiment. I love this look and my Mum loved the card too.

 
The two ink colours, Melon Mambo and So Saffron blended together beautifully to give a multi coloured effect to the roses.
 
Except for the embossing folder which has retired, here's the list of Stampin' Up! materials used on this card.  Click on the picture to shop at my online store.
 
Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment