Saturday 17 May 2014

2014 Stampin' Up! convention swaps

This week is going to be a busy week with the annual Stampin' Up! convention being held in Melbourne.  This is the time when Stampin' Up! demonstrators get to see and hear about the products being released in the new catalogue coming out 1st July - can't wait!  All the demonstrators attending this three day convention have the option to make a project to swap with other demonstrators.  It's a great way to share ideas and I'm participating this year.  I've made 30 card fronts which I'll be swapping later this week.

My swap card has three different techniques:
  1. Double embossing. I used the Designer frames and Modern Mosiac embossing folders to add texture to the card.
  2. Stamping on die cuts.  I die cut leaves using the Little leaves sizzlit and my Big Shot.  I used part of the leaves die cut only and stamped it with the En Francias background stamp.
  3. Rock 'n Roll stamping.  The butterfly has been stamped using Blushing Bride ink which was 'rock 'n' rolled' in Pear Pizzazz ink.  Gives a lovely two tone effect to the butterfly.

For card swaps, we only make card fronts so the receiving demonstrator can attach it their preferred card base later.

Here's the stack of 30 card front swaps:


Here's a close up of the card front:


Here's the side view of the completed card which shows the texture and layers.  I mounted it onto a whisper white cardstock base:
 
 
If you are interested in learning any of the techniques used on this card, please let me know as classes are available.
 
Below is a list of the materials used to make this card.
 
Thanks for visiting my blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment