Sunday 1 May 2022

Angela's PaperArts: Floating Gap Mother's Day Card

In one of my recent posts I shared how to make a Split Panel Card.  This card is an extension of that concept where the card base is split in two pieces and a focal element is used in the middle to join the card together.  I made this card for my Mum for Mother's Day later this week 


Angela's PaperArts: Floating gap mother's day card with Stampin Up Encircled in Beauty dies

I had only seen cards using imperial measurements in either landscape or portrait style for this card, so I designed my own square version using metric measurements.  

My card is a 14 x 14cm square card and features the sadly retiring Stampin' Up! Encircled in Beauty dies as the focal element.  The sentiment is from the Celebrating You stamp set and it has three of the little Brushed Brass Butterflies as embellishment underneath it. Thanks go to Iced Images for the inspiration for this card style. For the centre focal image you don't have to use a diecut, you can use any shape e.g. circles, squares, rectangles, diamonds etc., but I did like the look of this pretty diecut for this card.

Here's a side view of the card.

                 Angela's PaperArts: Floating gap mother's day card with Stampin Up Encircled in Beauty dies

This card is quick and easy to make and can be made for any occasion.

Just a little reminder that from 3-31 May, 2022 you'll receive the five new Stampin' Up! 2022-24 In-Color products for free when joining Stampin' Up!

Angela's PaperArts: Stampin' Up! 2022-24 In Colors

By joining Stampin' Up! during this time you'll receive $235 of products of your choice for only $169 + free catalogues to share with your friends & other supplies + free shipping + the additional $116.50 worth of 2022-24 In Color products for FREE.

If this is of interest to you and you live in Australia, please let me know and I'll help you through the joining process - or alternatively see the joining details here from 3 May.

Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment