Thursday 23 March 2017

Build it birthday card

This birthday card was made for my Dad who trained as a carpenter/joiner and still loves making beautiful items out of wood.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011749


I started with a Stampin' Up! Basic Black card base and added a layer of Basic Gray card stock and the Urban Underground Designer Series Paper.

I created the 'grungy' hexagon strip down the card by dry embossing some Silver Foil paper with the Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  I also heat embossed this strip and added some black StazOn ink to give it the grungy look.  The tools were diecut using the Build It framelits set.

The sentiment was stamped using the Everyday Tags stamp set and diecut using one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits oval dies.

The products used on this card have been listed below - just click on the product picture and it will take you to my online store where the product can be purchased. Workshops and papercrafting classes are also available - please contact me for details.  Don't forget that from now until 31 March, spend $90 on Stampin' Up! products and you get to choose a free Sale-a-Bration item.

Thanks for visiting.


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela, I think this card is gorgeous. I love your grungy background and would love to learn that technique sometime. I am meeting with my girls next week, so we will try to come up with a date to have a SU get together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb. Happy to get together and show you this technique.

      Delete