Sunday 26 June 2016

Gilded detailed floral card

I went to a workshop last week with a good friend to try a gilding flakes technique.  Thanks so much for taking me along to the session Elaine - I had a great time and what a 'wow' factor gilding flakes add to a card - so shiny with various colours peeking through depending upon which angle you look at the card.



With the exception of the gilding flakes, all materials used are from Stampin' Up!  I started with a Whisper White card base and stamped the Stylized Birthday greeting in glue, let it dry until it was just tacky and added the gilding flakes.  I then cut the Whisper White Detailed Floral diecut and layered tape behind the diecut.  I stuck the diecut onto the bottom of the card and where the glue tape was showing through the diecut, added the gilding flakes and worked them into the Detailed Floral shape.  I added a 1/8" gold metallic ribbon bow and coloured some pearls with an alcohol marker to match the gilding flakes and scattered these onto the card too.  Don't have gilding flakes? - not a problem as you can use microbeads, flocking or even various inks to give a contrast to your Detailed floral diecut.

The Stampin' Up! products used on this card have been listed below - just click on the picture and it will take you to my online store where the product can be purchased.  Worshops and papercrafting classes are also available.

Thanks for visiting.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment